Few things bother me more than wasting time and money. To avoid these losses, I seek assurances through research that my purchases will make me feel good before I spend. This is true for everything I buy from shoes to washing machines to cars.
While there are no guarantees, researching ratings, reviews and personal recommendations increases the likelihood that my purchase will be successful.
I bet you do the same thing. With the availability of information on the internet and the ease of contacting friends and family, why gamble on a purchase by buying blind?
Google reports that the number of searches for “best toothbrush” was up 100% from 2015-2017. Toothbrushes! We are researching everything before we buy. We want value for our money and we want to get it right the first time.
If we are researching purchases as small as toothbrushes, why would we invest in brand growth initiatives like a new product launch or new packaging or a new market entry without information indicating our investment is likely to pay off?
We wouldn’t. Or at least we know we shouldn’t.
Those initiatives require hundreds of hours of work and tens of thousands of dollars. Who has those resources to gamble?
The problem is that because your brand’s initiative is new, information on how it is likely to fare isn’t readily available.
That’s where I can help you.
I have 25 years of strategic market research and analysis experience. My insights and recommendations have informed decisions for large companies including Dunkin’ Donuts, Hasbro, and P&G/Gillette and smaller ones like Harbor Sweets, Skreens and Charles River Apparel.
“We hired Evelyn to conduct a series of focus groups over 6 months. Evelyn was detail oriented, prompt, and on-target in both her objectives and communication. She demonstrated a high degree of personal ownership for our project and proved to be flexible and creative when presented with an unexpected challenge. Evelyn is a professional in every sense of the word and we will certainly use her again.”
Each insights engagement is designed to answer your questions, to get the information you need and to help you deliver outstanding customer experiences that grow your brand.
I can help you with:
- Crafting buyer personas
- Mapping customer journeys
- Assessing and developing new product ideas
- Identifying brand growth opportunities
- Exploring and choosing new markets
In past engagements I have:
- Uncovered factors driving a surge in sales in a new market for a business-to-consumer company (B2C) to help them replicate the success elsewhere.
- Helped a direct-to-consumer (D2C) company understand consumers’ use of their new product, purchase drivers and package perceptions so that they could market the product more effectively.
- Gleaned customers’ brand image perceptions and gauged their reaction to new packaging for a business-to-business (B2B) company to launch their package redesign successfully and grow their brand.
- Conducted competitive research to help a B2B company better understand their market position and define their niche.
My insights approach involves designing the most appropriate research study to capture the information you need. I have extensive experience with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, including in-depth interviews, focus groups, surveys (online, in-person and phone), shop-a-longs and ethnographic research.
The culmination of my insights work is a report and/or presentation that summarizes the results and recommends next steps. Clients often tell me that they return to my reports again and again to capitalize on the insights, to keep initiatives on track and to bring new team members up to speed.
Contact me today with your brand questions and we can start getting you answers.